The Caring Hearts Card Drive is all about collecting Christmas Cards
to give to the elderly who live in nursing homes.
The drive is run by Vera Yates and Jennifer McGuire in the US and there are two Canadian ladies also distributing to nursing homes throughout Canada.
My amazing blog friend Linda Langes is the Australian contact for all the Aussie card makers
who would like to be a part of this wonderful event.
Your cards will go to nursing homes throughout Australia.
Here are all the details from Vera’s blog –
Christmas is about family, kindness, and joy. During this time many of the elderly who live in nursing homes can feel lonely and be missing their families. Wouldn’t it be awesome if we could bring a smile to their faces & brighten their holiday season simply by sharing our love of card making? A simple gesture to let them know that they are not forgotten.
We all love making cards and what’s better than knowing our creations can bring a smile to others, right?
A few important details:
- This card drive will be going until November 28, 2014. We need to receive your card by November 28, 2014.
- Please make the cards for Christmas or Holiday Wishes. Anyone can send a card, your children, church group, scout troops, etc.
- All cards need to have a message inside (it can be stamped or hand written).
- Please sign your name on the card and where you are from.
- Please include an envelope for each card and please don’t seal the envelope.
- Please stick to just cards -standard size with a matching envelope.
- And please don’t use any pins (for safety reasons).
- This is totally optional but if you’d like to include $1 or $2 to help with shipping, it’ll be much appreciated. We cover the shipping cost ourselves, with no sponsor, so any donation toward shipping would help tremendously.
Australian card makers please mail your cards to –
c/o Gilston State School
588 Worongary Rd
GILSTON QLD 4211
- In each package, PLEASE include THIS SUBMISSION FORM. This helps us in keeping track for prizes! For each card you send, you will get a chance to win. So the more cards you send, the better your chances.
To thank you for your generosity in supporting this drive, there are some amazing prizes.
There will be many winners and remember… the more cards you send the better your chances 🙂
Head over to Vera’s Blog to see the awesome list of prizes!
Please feel free to share about this card drive. We really appreciate your support & generosity. Let’s rock this card drive and bring Christmas joy to as many nursing homes as we can!! Thank you.